Friday, July 11, 2008

Night Losers - Romanian Music Rocks!!!

I happened across the "Night Losers" music at Link TV.

They combine Transylvanian, Gypsy, Hungarian, Romanian folk music with American blues, rock and roll, and some unique sounds all their own. They have a great fiddle player, an interesting singer/guitar player and a guy who sometimes plays a leaf. It looks like they have a lot of fun and so does the audience. I love the way they include old and young people in these videos.

They have quite a few videos on YouTube and a page on MySpace

Two of my favorites from YouTube are the "Shame" and "Blue Suede Shoes" videos below. I also embedded a documentary from their MySpace page that explains their history and musical style - it's fascinating. Finally there is a Mixpod MP3 player with some of their songs - I particularly like the rendition of "Good Night Irene".