Thursday, April 01, 2004

On My Way to Paradise

Hi fellow bloggolicious bloggers. I'm excited because I get to go on a vacation next week. I'm going to Paradise...

Valley. It's in Montana, The Big Sky Country, Southwest of the Middle of Nowhere, South of The Big Open. Montana where it's too hot, too cold and too many mosquitoes...stay out. please stay out.

40 below keeps the riff-raff out as they say in Fargo.

One time I was in a Taco Time in Livingston Montana doing my job as a cash register repairman and Peter Fonda was there. I used to see Richard Brautigan now and then at the Eagle's in Bozeman. What a writer that guy was. So sad at the end for him, no friends to be with.

Anyhoo I'm moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Have you ever checked out Dan Bailey's in Livingston? Good place for fly tying supplies. Yellowstone river is very near and dear to me.

I'm going by myself, to draw maybe, write, sleep, drink coffee...meet some people, soak in some hot water. Stare at the river and mountains. It sounds marvelous darling after a frantic time at work and home. Many changes, losses and some gains. Always learning and really glad to be alive.

Maybe I'll see you somewhere.

In the meantime keep those cards and letters coming. I love to get email and snail mail. We are still trying to get me a body since the straw keeps coming out of my sides and I'm getting a little oddly shaped. If you are sending me email to increase my bust size or get rock hard that's probably not on my top ten list. My bust is big enough and don't think being rock hard would be so good anyway, especially if you accidently bumped into someone with a soft spot.

I saw a bumper sticker on my way home that said, Women unlike computers will reject a 3 1/2 inch floppy.

Not sure how anything could be funny enough that I'd want to affix it to my bumper. Maybe we should invent an electonic changeable bumper sticker so you could display whatever struck your funny bone at the moment on your bumper?

I'm pumped up about seeing the Apprentice tonight too. Your fired! I think I might get the Donald's book it sounded pretty good to me. Amazing an old hippie, like myself, would get so straight. We all have to grow up a little sometime, no matter what Peter Pan thinks.

Don't ever grow up too much though. You gotta laugh, be silly, get excited, be curious, be kind, be thoughtful...be childlike.

I've given up so much lately I need to fill some voids. I'm starting to touch bases with some important friends and relatives in my life which really helps.

Tomorrow is Friday! Yes indeed...lets make the most of it, smell the flowers, listen to the children, make someone laugh, ease a little pain, get outside. Make every day a little bit foolish. Life is short we might as well have some fun while we are here.

Until next time all the best to you and yours.