Sunday, November 16, 2003

Viola's Casserole

Ahhhhh Sunday Morning. Love it. Go to church or stay home read the paper...watch football or movies. Go out and play. Whatever you want.

This morning I wanted to write down a recipe from my adopted grandmother Viola. She was like so many woman in my life, strong and smart. Graduated from University of Montana went on to raise two good sons (one my stepdad) on her own after her husband passed away. She was a teacher. Always polite...always nice. She helped me with my schoolwork when I was in elementary school. Very kind woman.

The recipe is simple but good and comforting...like Viola. I haven't made this in a long time I hope I can remember it.

Viola's Hamburger Casserole

Brown hamburger
Add diced onion early enough in browning process so the onion carmalizes but not so early it burns
Boil and drain egg noodles
To hamburger/onion mixture add - can of cream of mushroom soup, can of cream of celery soup, cup or two or more of sour cream, small jar of red pimentos, can of corn - drained, salt and pepper to taste
Combine noodles, hamburger, soup mixture in a casserole dish.
Put crumbled up potato chips on top
Back at 350 for an hour or so....until chips are brown and the mixture bubbles a little.

This is good. I think I'll make it today.

Wherever you are today I hope this finds you well or at least with the hope that things will be better.

Peace