- Whatever happens is the best thing that could happen
- We choose to be happy (sad)
- We become addicted to anger, fear, sadness or happiness
- Zen is mindful living combined with recognition that our mind makes our reality
- Mindfulness allows for concentration, calmness, simplicity and ultimately happiness.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
By Thinking We Make it So
Zen And the Art of Happiness by Chris Prentiss. It's the kind of book that you would either really like or really dislike depending on your current circumstances, whether you think the world is generally a good or bad place, and your personal beliefs regarding a supreme being. In this book the Universe (with a capital U) replaces God in that the Universe wants what's best for you. If you can suspend disbelief and go with the flow the book has some valuable lessons.