Saturday, July 23, 2011

Trip Up The Chuckanut

I rode up to Bellingham via Edison (population 133, plus 100 Harley riders on a busy weekend) and Chuckanut Drive today.

Great day for a ride. Chuckanut would be a better motorcycle road if there weren't so many cars, people, bicycles on/beside the road. Share the road for sure. Although fun it would be dangerous to try and ride that road fast.

I stopped in Edison for some iced tea at Tweets. That's a good place to eat - fresh ingredients and a cool big building with a garden. This page has some info about Greater Edison...what to do when you get here..

I had lunch at the Community Food Co-op in Bellingham. I used to think all the criminals lived in Bellingham - just kidding..someone told me years ago that criminals driving North on I-5 would end up in Bellingham because they couldn't risk crossing into Canada and Bham was the last city on the way. Now I think a lot of hippies live in Bellingham. Cool.

We (B at least) met Arlo Guthrie in Bellingham a few years ago - so in the spirit of that trip here's his Motorcycle song -